Paint advice please

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Deeds, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Deeds

Deeds New Member

After painting most of the bannister, newel posts and balusters with Crown Quick Dry Satin paint and after discovering that this does not dry properly in lots of cases (still gets finger imprints on sticky first coat after 36 hours). I washed the whole lot off surprisingly easily and now need to repaint with something that will actually do the job. This surprised me as I had properly prepared the surface - sugar soap, light sanding and washing down with water.

Can anyone please recommend a black satin or black gloss paint, preferably not oil based that will dry and be durable.

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Satin or gloss! had you thought about an Eggshell finish? Dulux Quick Drying Diamond Eggshell available in black, good drop of gear having excellent opacity, used it myself.

4. Deeds

Deeds New Member

Thanks, I am using Eggshell on all the other woodwork and wanted a contrast, hence the satin or gloss finish. I am a devotee of eggshell finish for paintwork, love it.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Was the Satin 'Crown FastFlow'.

6. Deeds

Deeds New Member

No, it was Crown 'quick dry' Satin

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Crown FastFlow is now available in a gloss black, well worth using, 2 coats are advised rather than 1 thick coat! ;)

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select