Paint for timbers in a bathroom

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by H3xc0d3, Nov 10, 2015.

1. H3xc0d3

H3xc0d3 Member

Hi wondering if anyone can help me with this one as I have no idea on paints!

I built a bath panel cupboard doors and face frame from redwood and want to paint and protect it

4071.jpg 11392877_10152923436666538_9211639646590934809_n.jpg

I want to do a light Gray and have the grain from the timber to show

Soi the question is what is the best paint/stain and sealer to use on wood in a room that will get steamy (while the bath runs) and have a lot of humidity

Thanks in advance

2. TT Nog

TT Nog New Member

There's a firm in Dereham called A&E Systems.....they supply the Navy with water repellant coating called Alocit...which you can then paint over. Excellent stuff, good for sealing brickwork too. Speak to Cathy. Its not cheap though......

3. H3xc0d3

H3xc0d3 Member

Which would be no good for what I need

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

A translucent woodstain suitable for high humidity and resistant to a steamy environment, such as a translucent grey coloured eggshell varnish which would be a challenge to find, have a look at Sadolin Supercoat, Sadolin Classic and Sadolin Extra all available in a wide range of tinted colours.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  5. TT Nog

TT Nog New Member

Well yes it would, as its used to protect timber marine pilings.......

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's a bathroom...............not a dockyard!:p

7. TT Nog

TT Nog New Member

Lol.....well if it can protect timber in a marine environment think of how long your bathroom wood might last !