Paint Sprayer

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Iron_Mike, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Does appear to be a very efficient way of painting a property. I have to repaint the outside of the property also, so it will save me a lot of time.

I will keep my eye on gumtree and ebay.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

If you want to spray masonry paint you need a spray gun that can take a 2.8mm needle & nozzle,usually for higher viscosity products, the standard fixed 1.8mm on Apollo Spraymaster is far too small.
    You would need to use Apollo Pro-Spray 1500-3s or similar which has changable needle in spraygun.

Here we go, a linky:

Size 0.8mm for lacquers, wood stains, synthetics, cellulose, acrylics, oil. For fine intricate output.

Size 1.3mm for lacquers, wood stains, synthetics, cellulose, acrylics, oil, polyurethanes glitter paints, fluorescents, creosote, wood primer. For fine to medium output.

Size 2.0mm for polyurethanes, glitter paints, fluorescents, creosote, wood primer, interior emulsion, adhesives, floor/paving paint. Medium to heavy output.

Size 2.8mm for hammers, oil base, primers, enamels, marine, smooth masonry paints, heavy primers, water and solvent based adhesives. Generally for higher viscosity products.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Iron_Mike likes this.
  3. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Thanks KIAB, I could hand paint the outside then.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I usually use brush/roller for masonry, too much hassle with wind, even on a calm day trying to spray masonry paint with Apollo.:)
    But, you hire airless sprayers suitable for masonry paint,some comes a Texaspray Hopper spray gun.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Iron_Mike likes this.
  5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

No compressor, the unit is self contained if you are spraying water based paints they wash out easily

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

And horror stories of covering neighbours property and cars.

Although paint splatter on cars did me a good turn years ago. I bought a cheap Merc because speckles of gloss paint were all over it. The owner had quotes for a total rub down of all the paint work, complete respray, re lacquer and wheel refurbishment plus equivalent car hire while this was going on. Painters insurance had to fork out for about £6k in total. Over a few cold days, went over the paint work with plastic scraper and the larger gloss blobs just popped off, a few sessions with t-cut on the warmer days and it was all gone. Actually made the wife happy for a while :p

Iron_Mike and KIAB like this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Another spammer dragging up 5 year ancient posts!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

:rolleyes:...good luck Chris!