Painted kitchen doors and now need to stack... how to protect?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Mildred, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Mildred

Mildred New Member

I'm in a not ideal situation where I have taken off all my kitchen cupboard doors and painted the backs of them. I now need to stack them all up (vertically) because my builders are starting work much earlier than I thought. I'm worried that the paint will be ruined, is there any way I can wrap them in something to prevent damaging them and them sticking together? I painted them 24 hours ago... Any suggestions gratefully received!

2. .....hmmm.

Have the bottom edges been painted? If not, then a couple of lengths of battens on the floor to stand them on their bottom edges, and then a short - 2" - piece of wood dowel or similar pressed into a door handle screw hole from the painted back of the door and left sticking out.

The next door then leans against this sticky-out dowel, with that door being laid front, unpainted, side against the dowel. Another dowel, another door.

Or if you have the ceiling space (in a garage or similar) pass some string through the back of the doors, tie around a dowel to stop it coming back through, and hang 'em all up...