Painted path

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by TRYIN DIYIN, Apr 6, 2015.

1. TRYIN DIYIN

TRYIN DIYIN New Member

Last summer I painted and stencilled my path. Northern Gas Networks have dug a great hole in my path because of a gas leak on road outside and my path is ruined. They were just going to patch it but I've pushed for them to re concrete the whole path so it should all be smooth. Can anyone recommend a more suitable paint than the doorstep paint I previously used? Pic of path before it got wrecked attached. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You going to relaid the tiles.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

As for paint for your steps something like 'Safekote Marine' it's non slip has minute silca granunles ,weather resistant, not cheap, but it's harder wearing.

4. That's a real nice job, TD, and KIAB's recommendation sounds good.

Come back and post photos of the finished job? :)

TRYIN DIYIN likes this.
  5. rd1

rd1 Member

Wow! is the whole path really painted and not tiles?? if so what a superb job and must have taken ages to do so I can understand your upset with the water board. Did you use a single stencil or different ones for each part of the pattern?

6. TRYIN DIYIN

TRYIN DIYIN New Member

Thank you KIAB. Crikey it's going to cost a fair bit to redo my path but hopefully it'll be more hard wearing and long lasting.

7. TRYIN DIYIN

TRYIN DIYIN New Member

I had the stencil commisioned. I painted the concrete cream. The stencil was for the black design and came in 2 parts; 1 for the corners which could be flipped and the other was main part of stencil. It took me five days to complete - thankfully the weather at the time was good. Think the neighbours thought I'd lost the plot though!

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Look around there are many similar products to 'Safekote Marine' which will give you a anti slip coating, 'Coo Var G139 Suregrip' anti slip paint is another, but you may need to use a coat of epoxy primer first with some of the finishes.

http://www.coo-var.co.uk/floor-sports-line-paints/suregrip-antislip-coating/

But, with new concrete you will need to wait several months for it to cure before you can paint them.

9. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Brilliant job you done TD , hope you get it sorted,

10. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Nice job:)