Painting a wall for the first time

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Soup890, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Soup890

Soup890 New Member

Hi,

Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to paint my hallway and kitchen.

What I need to know:
    1.Preparation
    2.Paint type (not colour)
    3.How to get rid of peeling paint?

Any think else I should know.

Please I'm very new to it (DIY) so explain it to me like you are explaining to a school student.

Thank you very much

2. Soup, I suspect the reason there hasn't been a rush to answer this thread is because, well, because it's - y'know - such a big ask.

And so basic.

You'd be better off looking for existing info out there - check Youtube for instance.

Bottom line - you need to start by removing all the peeling paint, 'cos that's - oh, I can't be bothered... :(

Sorry, Soup - it's just too dull. Life's too short. It's worse than watching paint dry. Which you are miles away from doing...

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

1. You need to do lots of this, it's the biggest part of the job.
    2. Look at Dulux Endurance for the hallway and Dulux Kitchen for, you've guessed it, the kitchen. Other paints are available.
    3. Paint scraper.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Hi,

Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to paint my hallway and kitchen.

What I need to know:
    1.Preparation ............
    Hire a decorator
    2.Paint type (not colour) ............Hire a decorator
    3.How to get rid of peeling paint? ............Hire a decorator

Any think else I should know. ............Hire a decorator

Please I'm very new to it (DIY) so explain it to me like you are explaining to a school student.

............Hire a decorator

Thank you very much

....That's ok

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Often heard on a building site (when the decorators move in) "If ya can p**s , ya can paint." :p:p:p

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Soup...................................................You having a laugh or wot mate.................................. ;)

You posted a question the other day which I kindly replied to

You said that you had no diy experience and it was all new to you

You were going to attempt a complete bathroom rip out and re fit all by yourself and wanted to know what tools and brands to buy..........but with NO experience

I advised you to consider trying something a little simpler as your 1st project

Today you're asking how to paint a wall

Fair enough, we all have to learn and we were all newbies once but be realistic with your abilities, which seem to be er, umm, well, kind of........non existent to be fair

8. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

HAHA!!! This is comical!!! I'm going to fit a bathroom... How do I paint a wall?

With questions like that fitting a bathrooms going to be like showing an 80 year old how to use an ipad!

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yeah, but how many men do you know that can p**s in a straight line, eh?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. supertosh

supertosh Member

But ya cant **** all day can ya? ;)

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Diabetics can. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p