painting art/craft in oil

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by toe knee chin wag, Aug 25, 2015.

1. toe knee chin wag

toe knee chin wag New Member

Hello first post so please be gentle, I'm starting off a kraft/art store come market stall and carboot business, Google has guided me to this forum so hopefully I can get some tips,
    My first question is, how to get oil paintings to dry in a shorter time, I have many more questions to ask and I hope by posting just one question at a time i can get the most from this forum,
    Here is a sample of what i do,
    [​IMG]

2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Toe knee chin wag haha! Whoever you are I love you already for having such a great name :D

Anyhow :oops: there was once a little gem of a thread, well a few actually :rolleyes: to do with myself miss pickle, pleased to meet you btw :) and I personally think there is a lot of information on there that could come in very handy!

Astra, kiab, Andy handy and dev I feel are the main peeps in terms of future info.
    What they don't know ain't worth knowing.
    Trust me :)

3. miss pickle

Ventilation is key :)

4. miss pickle

Personally I find with oil you should paint under shelter if poss. Allow a slight skin to form and then stick it outside and let the Devonshire wind do its magic.
    Works for me :D

5. miss pickle

I WILL find out which one of you it is :)

6. toe knee chin wag

Thank you so much already for the advice, I do paint undercover and I know ventilation is very important, My paintings dry fast to touch, depending on thickness of coats, Its the finish hardness of the paint I really need to get better, there is always a sticky litle bit somewhere on the object that sticks to my skin, it's so annoying,

I'm at a loss to your other point about those other members and to the thought that I might be anything other that what I am, I won't try to kid you that it's my real name, As i understand it a username is just a name a ' identitiy tag' , I'm betting that your real name is not miss Pickle, I can't see why there should be any cloak and dagger situation,

Anyways, <<< firm hand shake>>>> pleased to meet you and thanks for the advice, ;)

7. miss pickle

Lol ok so I've narrowed it down to tom ???? Is it tom :D
    That's my gut feeling! Poss phil. Doubt its dev, but dev is smart :oops: could be throwing me off intentionally.

8. miss pickle

The short sentences and fullstops lead towards tom. The rest leads towards phil :D

9. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Hi mate, I'm no expert but I would have though careful use of a hair dryer would help speed fings up a bit, no?

Dunno why I'm telling you this though, you know it already.

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Oh arr Miss P, you have a sole mate in terms of work. :)

11. miss pickle

Astra!!!!! Yeah? :confused: Or no:oops:

12. miss pickle

Kiab!!!! :D Only kiab would use a hairdryer :p

13. toe knee chin wag

who is tom ? I do go on other forums as mister E, perhaps you are getting confused o_O

14. miss pickle

Tom is tomps :) says it how it is! Short sharp sentences. Makes few apologies. Good heart but takes no messing

Mister E??? Who is mister E?:oops::(

Don't know!!!

15. toe knee chin wag

Ah, sole, ( only kidding)+( grin),

16. miss pickle

They were commers. :( My mistake. :)

17. miss pickle

How do you spell commers dev??? :p

18. miss pickle