painting internal cement render

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by jonthedoc, Oct 7, 2016.

1. jonthedoc

jonthedoc New Member

Hi I have just had my conservatory wall cement rendered on the inside. (So its able to take water as there are beds inside for the plants.) How long do I need to let it dry out and what paint should I use? Any help would be great thanks
    Jon

2. What do you mean by 'able to take water'? You mean cope with the odd bit of over-spray when watering yer plants? Or actually have damp plants/soil/whatevs constantly against it?

If the former, silk emulsion would probably do, although masonry paint would be better - both straight on. If the latter, then I guess some form of tanking.

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Is earth going to be up against the wall?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Two coats of Zinsser 'Perma White';)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Give the trough a couple of coats of Everbuild BLACK JACK DPM, will waterproof the area.

6. jonthedoc

jonthedoc New Member

Hi thanks for your comments. the render doesn't go down into the flower beds , but stops above. the walls will get a soaking when the hose goes on to water. Hence not wanting to use the usual plaster on the walls. was thing of just using sandtex masonary paint, but checking if ok to use inside.

Cheers
    jon

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No problem using Sandtex inside, painted inside of outside utilty & bog with it.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Masonry paint is exposed to all weathers outside so can't see a problem!