Painting / Wrapping Kitchen Doors

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Martin.Stone, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

has anyone painted kitchen cupboard doors? Too scared to do it myself but any suggestions or recommendations? I did consider vinyl wrapping.

Martin

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Will generally hinge on what they're made off. I painted am older kitchen a few years back and it came out pretty good for a first attempt. Doors were solid wood though.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Recently painted an old style oak fitted kitchen with V33 paint from B&Q, job was a doddle and came up very, very well, check it out on YouTube B&Q Painted kitchen V33. I believe it is a Teflon paint resistant to stains, cleaning agents etc, easy to apply and the finish when dry is as good a sprayed finish..............no brush marks what so ever.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Thank so guys, just looked on YouTube and lots of useful videos.

5. Gluggy

Gluggy Active Member

A few months ago the mrs had the bright idea of updating the kitchen in a similar way... Ended up using a heat gun to strip the wood effect vinyl type stuff from the doors to expose the MDF - applied a couple of coats of screwfix no nonsense primer and then rather randomly some screwfix no nonsense grey floor paint we had left over..... Its not a perfect finish but not bad and the paint has cured to a tough and easy to clean finish. In retrospect probably not the best way by any means but for the small outlay it was well worth bonus points from the other half lol.

6. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

HaHa Gluggy, I have oak doors and don't fancy trying your approach

7. Gluggy

Gluggy Active Member

Don't blame you, I didn't fancy it much either but sometimes when the mrs gets am idea in her head its easier to just along with it lol. Personally I'd have changed the doors and still intend to but as a short term fix it is believe it or not an improvement.