Pan Connectors

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pollowick, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Have an Ideal Standard CORNER WC which is currently installed using a flexible Con8F 90 degree pan connector through the floor. The part above the floor is vertical with the sight offset below floor level and obviously the flex part allows for the length to be correct.

But, it does not look pretty. There are collars to go round rigid pipes to tidy up the hole through the floor and one of those may be useful here, however, I was looking for something to cover/hide the flexible part ...

Are there pipe covers or any suggestions?

My thought is to use some 6" extractor duct, slit down and trimmed placed around te pipe and white ducting (not duct) tape used to hold it together (out of view).

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hate flexible pipe.

Got a photo of current setup.:)

Would a McAlpine WC-CONQ space saver connector be better.

3. Pollowick

The ConQ will not fit, the pan has a vertical face at the rear.

This is what you see when you walk in ... The grey Hep2O will be changed to white and slightly rerouted, but it is te waste I need to improve visually. The floor hole is to be recut and then interlocking tiles over.

WC_FlexPan.JPG

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ah!:)

All makes sense now, suspensed floor, why can't you tweak waste pipe under floor & use ordinary 90 degree pan connector,WC-CON8E might have been better.

5. Pollowick

It is set in concrete! and wanted to avoid doing anything to that ... and there is also a vermin flap between the pan connector and waste inlet.

Thinking about a Con8/8E with and ExtA-F under the floor provided there is enough distance although there may not be! An alternative would be using a Con8, cut right down and then fitted to a WC-ExtC which has a 10mm offset which is about what I have to deal with.

I'll have a better view once the pan is out.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Always perfer the vermin flap in the chamber, make life easier than stuck on end on a pan connector.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. Pollowick

Finally got to the re-install stage ... A little playing around with pipe and exact WC location - which was not actually central at at 45 degrees, I find I can just do it with a Con8 plus an extender. Would prefer a Ext-C but none available round here so going for the Con-A and a just 2 or 3 mm out which the sealing fins should take up.

KIAB likes this.