Partition Wall on laminate floor

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by samir oumaouche, Sep 29, 2015.

1. samir oumaouche

samir oumaouche New Member

Hi All,

I am building a partition wall in my living room, I have a laminate flooring, do I have to remove the flooring first or can I just build it on top of it?

Thanks in advance
    Sammy:)

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I've done just that before Sammy, but with a view to it being semi permanent. I.e, if I needed to take it down to have the whole space back and the flooring was still good, then I haven't got to replace the laminate.

I cut all my stud work and sole plates etc so it was a good tight fit vertically and just used a few blobs of silicon to bond the sole plate to the floor(easily removed at a later date) and screwed the sides and the head. Carefully screw your vertical stud to the sole plate.

Absolutely solid as a rock.

3. samir oumaouche

samir oumaouche New Member

Appreciate your reply,

Many Thanks

4. Leontau

Leontau New Member

better not remove the lamiante wood floor,it's weak,not like solid timber floor or engineered wood floorboards, once reinstall , the plank joint would not fit well ,as for years the HDF core material may have a little swell,tightly connected,easy to break up once remove.

5. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Better to check under the floor to see the run of joists. Not wise to build a stud wall over a void.

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Should be ok. I'd generally be more concerned about getting some fixings in the head if not fixing through the sole plate. May need some noggins above depending on how joists are running.