paslode 350 plus

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by finbog, Nov 13, 2016.

1. finbog

finbog New Member

does anyone know if a paslode 350 plus will take full head nails aswell as clipped head nails

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

No it will only take clipped.
    And the im90 will only take full head.
    Good ole paslode.
    The only gun out there to take both is the dewalt

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  3. finbog

finbog New Member

thanks

4. finbog

finbog New Member

that will by why I have a shattered pin on a 6mth old gun I have been using both

5. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Ouch! :eek:

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Now I was using 90mm smooth brights today with full heads, and on the box it stated compatible with im350 and im350+, which I own both, so I dunno...... Check the box you're buying is the most obvious statement. With regards to your shattered pin, you don't use your gun to fix timber to concrete block or into the mortar joints do you? As that will knacker the pin very quickly.

7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Whats the difference between the 350 and the 350+, I thought it was the 350 and 90

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

350 is the classic (old) type model, 350 plus is the newer model with couple of very slight differences, 90i is the super duper model that fires 90mm ring shank nails, gas doesn't freeze in cold weather, extra magazine to house twice as many nails, all that **** but for another £100-£150 more.

9. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I have the 350 and the 90, I complained about the 90 to paslode and they gave a 350 for free, The 90 was a £600 tool that wouldn't take the same nails as every other gun on the market and the gas is 3 times the price, it can be cheaper to buy a box of nails with the gas and throw the nails, ridiculous. And if was cold enough to freeze I wouldn't be working anyway, waste of money

KIAB likes this.
  10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

First signs of cold weather & my 350 would get tempermental, misfire,etc, as it got colder, it would just refuse to work.

11. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

The 350 is ok but I still think the dewalt is the way to go, I have the 90 for sale if any ones up for it

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  12. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

As I would, (refuse to work)

13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Hit the nail on the head there (haha) they are a waste of money, in my opinion an expensive gimmick.

14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I think they have their place, big timber frame projects, but not for what I do, it might come out for a bit of battening or ply but 9/10 its easier with a pouch of nails.

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Compressor & air nailer, like Makita AN90 or GN900SE.:)

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wish Makita would bring out a 1st & 2nd fix 18v nailer.

17. GoodwithWood

I'd be amazed if they are not working on at least a 16g. They better work on their design though as their 18g brad nailer is ugly as sin. :eek:

Joe95 likes this.
  18. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

It is Makita, and we will be waiting a long time. Do think companies need to work on battery nailers though, once speed and weight is sorted, that's potentially a huge market.

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Agree, there is a very large untapped market for 18v nailers, & I'm suprised Bosch, Makita & others haven't come out with 18v nailers, Ryobi have a couple, their R18N16G-0 only fires 65mm nails,Milwaukee have couple of 2nd fix nailers, Makita seems more intrested in air nailers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Joe95 likes this.
  20. GoodwithWood

I have their 18g air nailer and it's a nice bit of kit for the money.