patch, rip down or over board

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Bobby_Spray, Jul 18, 2016.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

He did a excellent restoration on that roof lantern.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

little miss pickles was in that thread :oops:

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Something special about working in old properties, its like you can almost feel something I can't explain :confused:

I think I would like to work in conservation.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Are you still seeking work Jit after being made redundant a few weeks back?

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did get a job a few months back fitting 6 interior doors, only got the job as was working outside fitting in my own doors, then someone one asked me if I could fit doors.

Only lived about 300m away and were very happy with the work, they paid nearly £45 extra for the job.

Previous company went insolvent had worked there over 10 years, got about £1400 in redundancy pay which is about 3 months wages inc unused holidays.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

upload_2016-7-23_11-0-18.png

upload_2016-7-23_11-0-31.png

upload_2016-7-23_11-0-41.png

KIAB likes this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10. Yeah, nice cupola :)

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:p

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This is baby cupola.

upload_2016-7-24_9-3-3.png

upload_2016-7-24_9-3-18.png

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I didn't like any of his films.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The daddy?

upload_2016-7-25_18-28-28.png

KIAB likes this.
  15. Bobby_Spray

Bobby_Spray New Member

Ahh fer fecks sake.
    So I am in the process of getting the cupola sorry ROOFLIGHT replaced. It takes a while to manufacture these things so a few weeks ago I went up on the roof to make sure that the current one was watertight. A couple of panes of glass has either broken or slipped. No problem, straight to the glaziers with the size i wanted. An hour later i was back with the glass and the putty to fix them in. All seemed Ok apart from a few days later my kids running into the living room shouting that there was someone on the roof! They could hear banging - so could I, but when I went outside and had a look from the street and could see nowt. I put it down to the weather. Over the next few days the kids kept reporting noise coming from the roof. each time i had a look i could see nothing.

Today i went back up onto the roof with the rooflight supplier to discuss access and safety. I had a look at the repairs i had made - they were ruined. All of the putty had gone (1kg) and the glass was just sitting on its putty bead. It seems that the noise i heard was a great basterding seagull that I noticed had taken to sitting on my roof. The banging was it filling its beak with my putty.

where's me air rifle.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Time to put some fine wire strung across the area to keep gulls off.