patio advise

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by chippie84, Apr 20, 2010.

1. chippie84

chippie84 New Member

hi guys
    ive got a patio im looking to paint and wanted your advise on the best paint to use on a patio,something thats durable and give it a lift,it looks pretty run down at the moment.

thanks in advance.

chippie84

2. PURDY CAT

PURDY CAT New Member

chippie84,

I have used floor paint before but it does look rather industrial and its not guaranteed for external use but as far as I know it is still adhering to paving

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Patio/concrete sealer(Thompsons) will enhance the colour already there, and, well, seal it too. More coats, slightly darker, more enhancement. Obviously make sure it's clean first!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. jcts

jcts Active Member

I would pressure wash and scrub. Wouldn't paint because as said it looks a tad industrial

5. Jackty

Jackty New Member

Just painted patio with sand coloured paint; looks like custard ! Tried a grey on top which looks sky blue !! Follow JCTS's advice !! Pressure wash and scrub. Any suggestions of reasonably priced oil based paint in a natural colour would be very welcome.... seems to be real gap in the market.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Any suggestions of reasonably priced oil based paint in a natural colour would be very welcome..... seems to be real gap in the market.[/QUOTE]

What's a natural colour? Plenty of neutral colours available though!

7. Jackty

Jackty New Member

Hi Astramax, Went to Dulux centre and they mix floor paint to order.:) I am adding a handful of plaster sand to 5 litres of paint to make it anti-slip ?? You're right Astramax just a question of looking in the right place ! Thank you