Pipe Clamp

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jimmy33, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jimmy33

jimmy33 New Member

Does anyone know of / use a water pipe clamp to reduce flow of water up too a stopcock so the top can be replaced ??
    many thanks in advance

2. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Why don't you just turn it off at the stopcock in the street, and if that one isn't working the water company should come out and replace it free of charge.

BB

3. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Well Plasson did supply a Pipe Squeeze of Tool, unfortunately I can't find it on their web site, but it's worth giving them a phone.
    It's part# 60123.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.plasson.co.uk/

4. jimmy33

jimmy33 New Member

thanks dick ill take a look.
    There is no stopcock in the street its for work i do on a private estate with their own borehole and no maps !

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

If you're on an estate Jim, got any good shooting there?? I'm just back from France and some French toffs & I were duck shooting. I promised them a few days hunting here in the UK, got any 12 pointers or big stags on your estate, or even any small birds?? If it has a pulse, we'll shoot it!!!

6. plumbing god

plumbing god New Member

plumb center sell a pipe clamp it around 40 quid but it does the job think its maid my monument

7. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

hey D1ck, have you been shooting cc's& ccc's, we've been after plumbers for 2 weeks and no ones available, not even cc's, dam it man, we'll have to wait another 8 weeks now till they train some more.

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

hey D1ck, have you been shooting cc's& ccc's, we've
    been after plumbers for 2 weeks and no ones
    available, not even cc's, dam it man, we'll have to
    wait another 8 weeks now till they train some more.

Ah well Tom, if my expeariance is anything to go by, you may get a cc or ccc at the drop of a hat, but you'll wait for a pro time-served Plumber - to come round and fix the mess they left behind them!!!

9. MTcock

MTcock New Member

hey D1ck, have you been shooting cc's& ccc's, we've
    been after plumbers for 2 weeks and no ones
    available, not even cc's, dam it man, we'll have to
    wait another 8 weeks now till they train some more.

I was under the impression Plumbing courses only took 5 days?

10. Harry_Davison

Harry_Davison New Member

I think a few Transco Gas board lads used to sell their pipe clamps years ago when this was the rage ,new plastic mains on private estates , the screw down ferrules were useless...chuckle

Dicky
    are you the forum sheriff then ?

I am your deputy if you dont like these 5 day course career change IT idiots (always IT or middle managers)
    I get loads of applications ,
    maybe you an I,
    an another Time Served Plumber should do a reality show like *The X Factor!*...lol

Strangely enough was contacted awhile ago by a media poof asking if I wanted to do a show similiar ,

The Highwaymen=aka Pimlico Plumbers (as we call them in the trade locally,lol) took them on ..