Place yer bets.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by longboat, Jun 8, 2017.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Hehe, no. They didn't really 'win' anywhere did they?. BUT, they did give Alex Salmond and wee Jimmy Krankie a bit of a kick up the ****.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The question was how many seats the Tories would gain, or lose.
    It's all there in black and white, clear as crystal and you gave not one hint as to what you thought that would be.
    You get nothing!
    You lose!
    Good day, sir!
    :D

3. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

This is a politics thread.
    You asked a question.
    I interpreted that question in a way that suited me and ignored your actual question.
    Which is how it's done.
    I got a near majority of my interpreted question answer correct.
    Which means that I get to join forces with another party of my choice and walk off with the spoils.
    I choose Phil.
    You definitely lost. Almost definitely.

So unlock your trophy cabinet and give me the family silver.

longboat likes this.
  4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

DA will love the last 30 secs. :D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You do seem to have an unhealthy obsession about the First Minister's underwear, jj, could it be that.........:confused: :confused:.

The percentage SNP vote changed very little, the only thing that happened was that LibLabCons played a tactical game in Scotland (it's called Establishment against anyone not). For weeks prior to the vote all we heard was them shouting "No referendum" (repeated on all their election leaflets as well), when the SNP were trying to talk about anti austerity, social care etc. It didn't affect the SNP core vote, but in some constituencies when Labour people were persuaded to vote Tory it did skew the results.

But once MayDUP gets going those idiot Labour voters may well realise the folly of what they did - and I'll be laughing.:D :D

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Will a bit of gold coloured plastic do ya?

7. P J Thompson

Is it shiny?

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Out and out Tory!

P J Thompson and btiw2 like this.
  9. P J Thompson

Darn, I've been rumbled. To hell with this obsession with amassing as much stuff as possible, it gives me away every time :(

10. facilities

facilities Guest

It's a miracle! Diane Abbott has made a miraculous recovery and has retained her Hackney North and Stoke Newington ultra safe seat, should she suffer a relapse a disembowelled snail which has had a recent labotomy has offered to step in and continue the good work, her constituents are happy with this and are trying to find out the snails name
    https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-tory-politics-of-personal-destruction-video

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
    longboat likes this.
  11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I do feel a bit sorry for Abbot, the poor woman was shoehorned into a role that she simply wasn't prepared for, her loyalty towards comrade Corby was well above her station.
    The similarity between her and a snail is uncanny though, I must admit.
    We all thought she was bluffing, when the night before the art 50 vote was to take place she had another sudden illness and couldn't attend to cast her vote, but, no, she was indeed genuine, the doctor who attended diagnosed a rare cases of 'disappeared spine' syndrome. A rather serious condition, for a vertebrate.
    Not a problem however, for a snail.
    Then this latest episode of snail-like behaviour is brought about by her sluggish brain, and into her shell she goes, pop out again when the coast is clear.

It's a hard life being a snail.

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Be careful mate, Comrade DA will be calling you a racist in the morning.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Her condescending tone grates on my hearing. An absolute ar****le of an MP if ever there was. Calls everyone racist (apart from her beloved Jeremy) Sooner she goes/ retires/ becomes a nun/ Playboy centrefold, the better (although I have to admit Playboy wouldn't want her gracing any pages , far less the cover or centrefold)

Safe seat politics rule again. One has to ask why Jezza or the Labour party have not dropped this abomination.

14. Spookily enough, back in the late 80s she was quite stunning. Hair in ringlets, I recall.

I know this 'cos I had a curry with her once, in Kennington.

Who else was there? Well, Mo Mowlam (again, very willowy and attractive), Nick Brown and a few others.

(Yes, this is my one and only name-dropping incident. Which I am allowed to milk, so there.)

15. facilities

facilities Guest

You need to get to Specsave :D
    Beer goggles also springs to mind

16. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Surely this is a case of name dropping you'd want to keep quite about. :eek::eek:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. facilities

facilities Guest

Back in the day DA was with Jezza (no not you DA the other one) and she happened to look in the mirror Said I look old, fat and ugly… I really need you to pay me a compliment.” Jezza replies, “Your eyesight’s damn near perfect.” :D

18. Windywillow

Windywillow New Member

I was on the side of victory & voted Labour. It was all very exciting! To be honest it's the most fun I've had in years. Bless Jezza & his big lion heart, he socked it to em good & proper. He read the public a damn site better than that lily livered, self serving, deluded, pompous twit May ever did. She must of been off her rocker to suggest an election! Oh the arrogance.
    It is a pleasure to watch the egg drip off her face :)

Soooo, what happens now then?
    Are we really going to get into bed with the DUP :eek:
    The world has gone stark raving bonkers.
    THEY are not just going to roll over at every turn & shout "Yes ma'am no ma'am three bags flaming full ma'am" That's for sure.
    I think it's gonna get very scarey. Deary me :oops:

Anyhow, I just popped by to join in
    FB_IMG_1497216202987.jpg

chippie244 likes this.
  19. joinerjohn1

I reckon you should have gone to Specsavers. Mo-Mowlam-001.jpg

20. joinerjohn1

Ahh another star pupil of the Diane Abbott School of Mathematics I see. :p:p:p:p:p