Plaster patch artex

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by tore81, Jul 27, 2016.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

Has anyone had to patch in a artex ceiling where board has damaged etc. only a small patch.

It is more like a stipple effect and debating on the best method.

I'm going to be using jointing compound just don't know how to give it the ripple effect.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Done the same job myself, small repair for the mother-I-L
    Also stipple effect Artex. Used a 1 coat plaster that I happened to have and just played around with the consistency and practiced on a sheet of cardboard first

Tried various methods to get a similar stipple as didn't want to buy a tool for the job but in the end, couldn't get close enough to the original so got one of these;

http://www.diy.com/departments/artex-texturing-brush/243240_BQ.prd

Can find cheaper online

You say stipple effect, them mention ripple effect ?
    Two different patterns surely ?

For some effects you can use a paint brush and stipple or a rag wrapped in a carrier bag and scrunched up (many more methods also)
    Any Artex effect will be difficult to match exactly as its a hand finish so will vary each time to some degree
    I'm sure with a little trial and error a decent repair can be achieved though

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I've had to do it on occasion Tore...think there are some vids on the artex manufacturers website.

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thank you both I will look into it.