plaster work!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by g4rfr81, Jun 12, 2016.

1. g4rfr81

g4rfr81 Member

Hi!
    Took off some old loose plaster from walls on my landing, now showing bare brick work, breeze blocks and plaster board! I need to build up my walls before final finishing plaster, whats the best sort of rendering or high build plaster to use to get the thickness required, about 1cm build is required! Also should i apply any adhesive to the different surfaces or just a light spray of water to the brick and block work?
    Thanks peoples!

2. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

I used Thistle Hardwall in my house but, that is all on Celcon blocks. give it all a good couple of coats of PVA before you put the bonding on, building blocks will suck the plaster dry in no time and cause it to crack.

g4rfr81 likes this.
  3. g4rfr81

g4rfr81 Member

Thanks, will a couple of good coats of pva seal the blocks good enough to prevent causing me issues? Or is there something else i could do?

4. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I think hardwall can deal with the suction mate. It is supposed to be the modern sand and cement equivalent for indoors at least. Could give the walls a spray with water I guess beforehand

tore81 likes this.
  5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

A lot of plasterers just dry line. A lot easier to skim on to plasterboard. Not sure wether you have the room but that seems to be the norm.

Would of though it's quicker too!

FatHands and g4rfr81 like this.