Plastering advice

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by koolpc, Sep 30, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Got a builder doing work for me and a window has been taken out that divides 2 rooms. Now, on that wall where the window was there are 2 rads. The gap where the window was has been plasterboarded up and the wall is going to be skimed.

The guys said they do not need to take the rads off to skim as they can feather it in to match!!

Will this really work? He said i won't see it!?

Should i ask them to remove the rads and skim whole wall?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A good plasterer should be able to blend/feather in the edges, not a fan of plasterboarding openings in walls, prefer to use blocks to fill in,(unless stud wall) no chance of cracks where plasterboard joins blockwork.:)

3. If they are talking about just feathering around the rads and doing the rest of the wall, I would be chasing them out to their horses.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A bit slower than you Dobs, just thought the same, after reading op's post again.:eek:

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

The opening has been studded, insulated and plaster boarded. Builder reckons i wont see the join

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I had a word with the builder and he said he will take the rads off.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

He is right you won't see the join - for about six months or someone knocks into it or you want to put a picture up!

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Sorted now as he has agreed to take rad off