Plastic water pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Hillbilly, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member

Just had a new porch built, plastic /double glazing I'm going to use it for washing machine and dryer
    I have sorted waste out in covered concrete floor and run Hep20 plastic water pipe for the water supply for the washer also in the floor.
    My problem is the pipe comes straight out of the ground near the rear plastic panel but I need some sort of support to fix the pipe and shut off water washing machine tap to, the centre porch support is about 8 inches away from the pipe and the pipe is actually more or less in the centre of one of the plastic infill panel drilling into this would not be a good idea and it is not dead flat as the frame sticks out at the base, is there any sort of plastic block that could be used that I could stick to the panel and then fix pipe with clips to support pipe and valve together, I did not want to use wood as I'm concerned about wood rotting and gluing wood to the plastic panel
    Just looking for some suggestions that I could try to resolve this issue, or someone might know about a bracket of some sort that could be used, thanks in advance

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

One way is to make yourself a little bracket like this. Fit a pipe clip to the blue square. Fix to the panel with heavy duty velcro.

upload_2017-2-19_9-51-40.png

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member

This looks ideal I just wish I was that clever to make some thing like this

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Just go down to Homebase/B&Q one of the pound shops - plenty of ready made brackets like that

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It doesn't have to be fancy. Simple block of wood with a pipe clip screwed on will do...paint it white, then use Velcro as Sos has suggested or glue on with a blob of Stixall or silicon. Will all be hidden behind machine :)

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member

Thanks I didn't really want to use wood but it seems the easiest to use so I'll give it a try and see how it turns out