Playing games are healthy activity

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by adriatomy, Aug 27, 2014.

1. adriatomy

adriatomy New Member

Is it true that games are healthy activity for rotine life? today it is the period of computer and video games.The kids as well as young generation have become addicted of games. is it ok or not?

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

No idea!!!!!

3. Need a bigger hammer

Need a bigger hammer Active Member

Explain "rotine." Do you mean Rotten? Or "Rotting?"

4. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

No idea on that either.:)

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think he means "Routine" ... and in answer to the OP, when you say games are a healthy activity. then yes games can be a healthy activity. Anything that get's your heart beating a bit faster than normal and exercises the muscles is good.. Playing games on a pile of silicon however, isn't healthy, that's one reason why kids are getting fatter, than their predecessors.
    Mention games to kids these days and they'll immediately think of Grand Theft Auto, or Call Of Duty, FIFA 2014 etc, etc. Mention it to someone over the age of 30 and they'll think of Super Mario, or Sonic the Hedgehog. Mention it to anyone over the age of 40-50 and they'll think of football on the park, tennis down the courts at the local rec, or basketball on't side of the house. Mention it to someone over the age of 60 and they'll think of British Bulldog in the school playground, or hide and seek, or some such thing.
    Games mean different things to different generations. ;);)

marwen and adriatomy like this.
  6. adriatomy

adriatomy New Member

thanks dear :)

7. Rick1632

Rick1632 Active Member

I take HUGE exception to that!

I remember British Bulldog quite fondly, and I'm nowhere NEAR 60!!

8. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Ahhh the hours we spent on the Atari playing ping pong, and Ping pong,,, and ping pong ... Thats all Folks :)
    And space hoppers, Pogo sticks, stretch Armstrong....and the list goes on

Blady PS4 had to resort to hiding the controller with my secret stash of Kit Kats from the kids, just to get their attention

9. smarate

smarate New Member

Some games are just stupid, but there are good ones that can be healthy to play. For me playing games is the same like watching a TV show or a movie...

10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

David Gillespie wrote a book on electronic game and smartphone addiction. I still laugh when I heard him say in a interview that a mum through a PlayStation in a swimming pool, swiftly behind was her son who jumped in to retrieve it

11. ConnoRoy

ConnoRoy New Member

Which games could you recommend?

12. cssjim

cssjim New Member

When they say games do they mean computer games or "real" games like draughts or physical games like hide and seek. Very odd question if yo ask me

13. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Forgot! Kisschase remember that from the playground

14. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Yeah I remember kisschase and I went to an all boys school !!

nigel willson likes this.