plumbfix membership

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mickel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mickel

Mickel New Member

If you join plumbfix at secrewfix i.e you are qualified do you get 20% off at screwfix thought I heard this might be wrong though.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

You heard wrong :)

3. Mickel

Mickel New Member

do you get any discount?

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Yes IF you are a qualified plumber and can prove it ;)

5. Mickel

Mickel New Member

I am would I get a discount say on a new drill?

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Micky - going by the questions you have been asking on here  you are NOT a  qualified plumber . You will need to show your Gassafe credentials or similar to join.

http://community.screwfix.com/people/Mickel?view=overview

7. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

I asked this very question at PHEX yesterday (plumbfix had a big stand). You can only use plumbfix if you are a qualified plumber - you then get the discounts over similar items sold in screwfix.

diymostthings

8. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

If you join Plumbfix, then the terms are the same wether you go into Plumbfix or screwfix

9. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

DIYeverything, woz dat you I saws argueing wiv de lady at Plumbfix stands yesterdays  I could not bring myself to undahstand why you wanted them to give you a drink?

Me, I just went to the 3rd floor (found aouwt by accident that there woz more stands in the third floor - InterGas bloke sent me up there to quiz Plumbase about intergas boiler prices).  Plumbase blokes says 2me:  ''if you put your details dawn hear, we will give you voucher for a drink''.  So I did, then went bark dawn, got me a wooly hat and came bark agains and filled in as a different blokes, then got anoda drink.  In all, I got SIX drinks.

Anyways, I bought the soldering gel to spray around surfaces I do not want to burn.  Cost me £12 per bottle.  I bought TWO.   I will neva burn anodah carpet agains, ever

Bark to Plumbfix discounts, well, sorry to dissapoint you OP.  It is a myth.  You only get the said discount on a 'few' things.  If you are hoping that you will be given discounts for everything you buy, then fink agains

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

hibe's right there, they're just tring to play with your head, they knock the vat off in the plumbfix cataloque, and add it back on at the counter, they put the gassafe sticker on products, but will sell them to anyone,

11. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi Mickel

To learn about the benifits of PlumbFix membership, please contact our Trade Team on 0808 101 0000, or the mobile friendly number on 01935 385575

They will be happ to assist you

Peter

12. palavaman

Screwfixing Alez, Screwfixing Peter, what next me auld son?:'(

Shsme tomasplumbas finks you are 4real?

13. palavaman

And yes, Screwfixing, you can delete all of my posts naw

14. goddus

goddus New Member

I have been a member for a while but have only got a discount on my first order just thought I was buying things that do not qualify for discounts

15. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

And were you?

16. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Wow, a nine year old thread...

Personally I've never had a discount. Had a couple of vouchers but nothing for years.

I'm falling out with Screwfix to be honest... Next day collection no longer exists and they can't even give me a paper catalogue any more!

17. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

H
    I find that the best way to receive vouchers is to give up waiting and spend a packet ........

18. BiancoTheGiraffe

Spent more over the past year than I had in the previous three years combined!

19. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

I know this is an old thread however. ElectricFix does give discount, not identified as such but reflected in prices listed for members and I guess PlumbFix is the same. Several months back, I purchased one item and the ElectricFix price was about half of tee full price.

20. BiancoTheGiraffe

Odd... I've never noticed anything being cheaper, but I can't say I've ever gone to compare prices between my account and a non-members account