Plumbing in new kitchen

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Bgolds, May 28, 2017.

1. Bgolds

Bgolds New Member

Hi
    I'm currently fitting my new kitchen and needed to add a dishwasher supply and move water supply for taps.... I did this fine but now trying to fit the dishwasher I can see that the water pipes sit too high, if I have enough slack in the flexi pipe can I just push them down behind the waste or will I need to drop the whole run?
    It's an integrated dishwasher so I assume it will have to go right back against the wall?

Attached Files:

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

built in appliances need as much space as you can make.the vertical copper pipe and the horizontal waste are gonna be in the way.by the way how do you intend to join waste from d/washer as it needs to go thru a trap ? can you take waste out thru the wall ? and consider supply pipe and Iso valve to left or right of dishw ,ie in cupboard next to it ?

3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

As Terry says you need all the space behind an integrated appliance so where possible site the water feed in the next unit if its a drawer unit thats great as you can cut a reasonable size hole in the back panel and it will never be seen. Next best place to site the water is under the next unit within the kickspace panel. Best place is to have all the feeds and wastes under the sink.

4. Bgolds

Bgolds New Member

Thanks for replies, the isolator is actually in the cup'd next to the dishwasher, it's just the lower horizontal pipes that are in the way. Waste pipe will go to trap under new sink.

Attached Files:

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

think you are gonna struggle with the waste pipe , nearly 2 inch's off the wall.do you have appliance on site to measure ? I assume the soil stack is internal so you can't take waste out thru wall. you can get small size dishwashers , or wider worktop and bring all base units off the wall. edit ....by the way don't connect water hose vertically ,it will bend under its own weight and stop flow, needs to be horizontal and low preferably. and some appliances have an anti flood hose now ,big plastic box thing on the end of a very wide hose.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Bgolds likes this.