Plunge saw

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Terry De'ath, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Terry De'ath

Terry De'ath New Member

Has any one got the scheppach PL 45 plunge saw , if so is it any good ? Or should I buy another make like the Bosch

2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

diy or trade use? I haven't got one but had a look and go of one and didn't like it, feels bit flimsy and plasticy, light diy use would probably be fine, but otherwise at the lower end go for makita or bosch, or top end if you're feeling flash then a mafell or festool is a whole world of difference and great to use.

3. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Terry, if you can afford it do as RW suggests and go with Mafell. They are fantastic.

4. samcutche

samcutche New Member

Bosch seems to be more durable. Better settle for the best one.

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have had both the Festool and the Dewalt. Currently have the Dewalt and it isnt up to the same standard as the Festool. Still good but the Festools best.

Lots of models around now, if you want it for pro use I would say Festool, Mafell, Dewalt in that order. Looked at the Bosch but wasnt too impressed. I think it only runs on the Bosch tracks wheras the others are interchangeable.

The Makita I have heard from people who have it is a bit wobbly and not as smooth as the other pro offerings.

Triton have just launched a track saw too, its between the cheapest and the most expensive, might be worth a look.