Polishing granite tile edges - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Matt2015, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Matt2015

Matt2015 New Member

Hi,

Just posted a question in the kitchen forum and got a great response - I'll post another one here. These 'forum' things are great!

I'm looking to polish the edges of 12mm tiles, but can't find any threads of people having done it. Has anyone tried? Any guesses how long it would take per metre? I'm planning on testing some 50/200/500/800/1500 grit on some granite samples but they're not going to arrive until pretty much when I start the job... Might need to book another couple of days off work for the job depending on how long it takes!

Cheers,
    Matt

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

ATS Diamond Tools they do a whole range of pads for polishing marble, granite,etc, for some angle grinders/ polishing machine, in dry & wet versions, they also do sets usually 6 to 9 pads, starting with a course grade & going up to a final grade around 3000 grit, also do polishing pastes, sealers.

http://www.atsdiamondtools.co.uk/

I've used them for concrete polishing.

3. Matt2015

Matt2015 New Member

Great, thanks for that. I'll give them a call on Monday. They sell a LOT of diamond fixings! They're the most reasonably priced sets I've seen, too!

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member