Poor customer service

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by thebroadster, Feb 20, 2015.

1. thebroadster

thebroadster New Member

Is there any point in customer service? 2 problems.

1) Made an order for next day delivery(Didn't say next business day delivery) Unfortunately this now won't arrive until Monday(3 days). I have been told I can't cancel it or pay the additional for Saturday delivery? Should of checked the small print. I find it a bit of a shocking service when you can't cancel a delivery that hasn't even been order picked or dispatched in this day and age.

2) Reserved something from a none local store as wasn't available in my local store. In the end I purchased it from the local store who were unable to refund me for the one I didn't collect from another store. I was unable to get through to the customer support line at the time. I am now getting told they are unable to refund me for something I never collected unless I go out my way and visit the store and there is still no guarantee that they can refund me. My petrol/time costs more and it is not worth hassle.

The phone call is quite comical, will upload to youtube shortly link to follow.

Has anyone else had similar dealings?

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Not had your problems but do find it annoying when a couple of minutes after ordering I remember another item I require, but no way of adding it to an order that has not yet been picked let alone dispatched.

3. thebroadster

thebroadster New Member

Yeah it's bit annoying when you can't add to an order you have just created. Not the best website nor the best business model.

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @thebroadster

Welcome to the Screwfix Community Forum. I hope you will find this a helpful place and a place to share your own knowledge with our fellow members.

I have just removed your other post which has no replies and moved this post to a more suitable place tha Forum Support (which is a place for users of the forum to advise on any issue regarding the forum).

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with our service. I understand from your own comments you have been in contact with our Customer Service Team, if you need any more assistance I recommend to email online@screwfix.com with your order details and they will advise you fully with any outstanding concerns you have.

Regards

Peter

5. thebroadster

thebroadster New Member

Thanks Peter I have tried contacting support. Which was next to useless. In future I won't be ordering anything online from screwfix as the processes are arcadic.

Screwfix is happy to take money but not happy to sort out any issues. At the end of the day I've paid for something i haven't received and screwfix wont refund, sound like day light robbery to me. Also the work I'm doing tomorrow means I have to purchase everything again for a second time even though it hasn't been dispatched yet, then mess around getting it sent back.

#poorcustomerservices