Poor Zac

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You hit the nail on the head, he was a leaver, they mostly were not, so they went with the Remainer, she on the other hand is not a really front line material and will be soon on the backbench.

2. As I understand it, both the Lib Dem WINNER!!! and Zackie babes campaigned on a 'NO' to the third runway, and her victory speech made it clear she would pursue this.

However, it is clear that the Lib Dems were also - mainly - campaigning on the terms of any Brexit deal, specifically that we should remain part of the single market.

That interviewer - Julia Hartley Brewer - is brill and she's always impressive on HIGNFY as well. That interview was butchery, tho', and not unlike the type of 'reasoning' attempted by Phil for instance... :rolleyes:

It's as simple as this: for a start, the EU referendum vote is not legally binding. Then there's the simplistic 'thinking' behind what prompted much of the voting - there were no specific details - it was LEAVE! And then we have the legal ruling that Parliament does have the right to vote on the issue.

Unless anyone here would like to argue against these wee points? Good, I didn't think so.

Therefore this interview - tho' it must have thrilling for the likes of Phil - was unreasonable. (And frankly aggressive). There is no comparison between the woolly and non-legally binding Brexit vote and the crystal clear campaign of this by-election, along with the fact that the new MP HAS a legal right to act on the will of her electorate.

To sum up, it's 'woolly' against 'crystal clear', and 'non-legally binding' and against a 'legal right'.

No surprise there :rolleyes:

3. There speaks the political correspondent of the SF forum... :rolleyes::D

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes is was brutal, my point was "poor Sarah" well out of her depth, and as said above will be on the backbench any time soon.

As for Brexit vote not being legally binding, since when.????, if you really think its not going to happen you are as delude as "poor Sarah", even Tim the Dim Farron knows and is only aiming for a soft exit.

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Satire, DA.
    Don't try and spin it!
    :)
    Gis a hug, you big fat lefty you.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It has never been legally binding and that isn't even hidden, just do a simple search, it was simply taking the pulse of the electorate, no legally binding doo dahs
    or owt, but you know this already so why are you bringing this up again?
    Sore winnero_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Joe95 likes this.
  7. Our 'Sarah' is infinitely more talented and intelligent than you, Phil - so less of the 'poor', eh?

Well out of her depth? I have explained why the interview was unreasonable, and also unacceptably aggressive.

Will Brexit happen? Almost certainly 'yes'. Why? Because to go against the 'will' of the people - however misguided it was - would be political suicide. That's why. That's the only reason it's still being pursued - the MPs don't want to be turfed out. Ditto for May herself - she is blindly pursuing this - against her own judgement on the issue - for the simple reason of wanting to remain in power.

The referendum vote is not, never was, never will be, legally binding - you know this, don't you? Only Parliament's decision will make any Brexit decision legal.

And, believe it or not, it can be stopped. I fully accept it is extremely unlikely because the Tories don't have a decent opposition who can put the case.

But, what it'll take to stop Brexit is very simply the will of the people. I know individuals like you will never ever change your mind (or would admit to it...), but there are many who will and are. Why? Because of the increasing reality of what this crazy decision will mean.

The hell that the country will subject itself to for a decade at least. Not to mention the far bigger repercussions.

Phil, do you still kid yourself that the Brexit vote wasn't our direct equivalent of Trump's victory in the US? And the rise of Le Pen in France? And based on the same post-truth campaigning? And the same jingoistic nationalism? Based on the very same words in many cases for heaven's sakes...

Do you?

8. I am not fat. I am not a 'lefty'.

But I'll still have that hug, ta muchly... :oops:

Joe95 and longboat like this.
  9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's funny how when Trump is being picked up now on all the campaign promises he's now backing out of is just saying "That's what I had to say to be elected"

Joe95 likes this.
  10. Are you trying to sneakily suggest there are parallels, Chips...? :rolleyes:

Dearie me.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Who said Boris?
    Where's Nigel?
    Where's May's principles?

12. No idea. But I did hear a large flushing noise.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What a clunch of chumps :eek::eek:

koolpc likes this.