Power Flush options

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dackers, Jan 20, 2017.

1. dackers

dackers Member

Aparently I'm not covered as they say it need s power flushing. To be honest I can't be arsed to argue with BG. You guys on here are very helpful

2. dackers

dackers Member

Thanks everyone and Devils Advocate for the ebay listing. My plan is to fit the Magnaclean ( did this tonight) and cut the H shape of piping above the CH pump and clean it and remove/ clean the header tank. Put it back and add the X800 x2. Leave it for a week and see what happens before buying a 2nd hand pro filter. I will be converting our loft in the next or year so it will need a power flush then before a sealed system goes in.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

One bottle of X800 is ample.

4. Blimey, that pro Magna on t'Bay is shooting up all right. Mind you, it is 'new' and is the full kit - that's costly.

I have seen a few go for much less - well worth keeping an eye out for 2nd-hand ones. And they undoubtedly hold their value.

(Another trick is to look for ones which are 'collection only' as that really reduces the number of interested parties. Fire them an email before the auction closes and ask if they'll consider shoving it in a box if you send them a pre-paid courier address label. Often they are happy to do this as it's picked up from their homes.)

Joe95 likes this.
  5. dackers

dackers Member

Holy cow! Removed the H shaped pipe work after the CH pump and the pipes were completely blocked. Cleaned them and refitted. Added the X800 and was gutted, same problem - boiler lock out. Left CH on and then a miracle happened. After an hour every rad is boiling hot Happy wife!

I'll be calling BG on Monday

Cheers guys for your help.

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Blockage cleared, happy wife, good result.:)

Still fit a Magnaclean Pro 2 filter to CH return.
    Usually with X800 you will see results within two hours.

7. dackers

dackers Member

I fitted one last night KIAB before any work began

KIAB likes this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good, but you'll need to check it several times a week for a few weeks, then every few months, then drain down system flush a couple of times, refill add inhibitor like Sentinel X100 & Sentinel X900 Filter Aid this will keep crud in suppension, allowing filter to collect it.
    You can leave X800 in for a week, won't harm the system.

https://www.sentinelprotects.com/uk...tral-heating-systems/sentinel-x900-filter-aid

https://www.sentinelprotects.com/uk...ntral-heating-systems/sentinel-x100-inhibitor

http://www.screwfix.com/p/sentinel-x100-central-heating-scale-inhibitor-1ltr/79683?kpid=79683&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sales tracking url&gclid=COXq98GF1NECFUa4GwodBwoP7A

9. dackers

dackers Member

Thanks will do

10. Wow! What a result!

Can't wait to see your dirty photographs. :)

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wife, or Magnaclean, with DA probably both...:eek::D

Joe95 likes this.
  12. dackers

dackers Member

I should have taken a photo of the empty header tank - gross ain't the word lol

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Shame:( ,seen the same so many times over the years.

Post one of the Magnaclean before you clean it, if it's bad, might need cleaning within a couple of days if system is bad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  14. dackers

dackers Member

Bloody hell can't wait