Power supply to a shed

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by johno1060, Dec 2, 2014.

1. johno1060

johno1060 New Member

What components do I need to get power to my shed either from a spare way in my consumer unit or from a downstairs ring circuit.

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Do a search johno there are loads of threads on this topic.

3. camels toe

camels toe Member

Component required:- 1 x Electrician

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Agree with Camel, its a sparks job and notifiable to building control, leave it alone as what your asking states you have no idea.

I could ask what I needed for my divorce a few years back, I employed a solicitor cause that's the law.

Sorry for the rant OP but I get frustrated that my job is open to any individual who has a rough idea on what to do after we have invested a lot of time and qualifications for our trade,

Si

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

No Building Control needed for this.

CR22525.jpg

:p:p:p

6. sparky Si-Fi

. . and a shat job at that!

7. johno1060

johno1060 New Member

Why post if no help get a life.

8. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

We get lots of 'lives', by doing electrical work to the required standards, testing, certifying, designing, there's more to 'power to a shed' than slinging in a bit of T&E and putting a socket on the end tbph.
    I'm sure you'd be gutted if your diy wiring injured,or god forbid, killed someone.

FatHands likes this.
  9. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Not bad two posts one insult [​IMG]

FatHands likes this.
  10. camels toe

camels toe Member

Regarding the "why post as no help" let's just look at where your asking for info. Electricians talk. Which is a forum for electricians , but what your asking is not a basic job and really is a job for a sparks.

11. johno1060

johno1060 New Member

Ah now it understand why the hostility. I thought it was a community forum. I was asking for ratings not ranting's.

12. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

To be honest, it's not possible to answer your query in any event.
    We need to know what you intend to power in the shed and the route the cable will take to reach the shed.

13. sparky Si-Fi

I have a life thank-you, its called saving the general public and DIY'ers like you from electrocution, now you get a life pal.

14. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Shed electrics are a fascinating thing

15. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I do shed loads of electrics, JP, even electrics to sheds. It really is fascinating.

16. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

I want an electric shed.

17. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

i prefer lectric to detached garages!

18. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

19. Yeah that was my what i was thinking

20. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

If it's taken from a spare way in the consumer unit as the OP said it might be, it will then be a new circuit which is notifiable. If taken as a spur from the original ring circuit then it's not notifiable, daft I know but that's the way it is!

FatHands likes this.