Power tool boxes

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by plumberboy, Nov 14, 2014.

1. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

When are manufactures going to start making cases for power tools big enough that you don't spend 10 minutes trying to get it back in the case,drives me nuts:mad::mad:every piece has to be in exactly the right place and then its normally the cord stopping it shuting.Surely they can make the cases a bit bigger.:(
    Well that's my moan for today,please feel free to tell me to get a life and bugger off!!:p

FatHands likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Know exactly what you mean PB. When you first open a case with a brand new power tool in, the cable is neatly wrapped up and tied with a bit of wire or similar. Once you've used it, however, the cable never goes back like it did originally.

3. plumberboy

I've got a Stanley fat Max multi cutter,great tool,shoite box and the worst out of the lot.:(makes me cry when I have to put it back in the box.:(:(

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ha ha, spot on PB, I reckon we've all had that situation were the box won't shut cos the cables obstucting the casing, :oops:

5. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I know that feeling! My little grinder is a pain to get back in the box.

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Your all spoilt, boxes my bottom, just throw Em in the back of the van and slam the door shut. :p:p:p

Biffo likes this.
  7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

not me Phil, I've got a place for everything and everything is put in its place after a job so i know where it is,

8. plumberboy

You messy bugger!!:p:p

9. plumberboy

My vans like Toms,everything has a home so I can go straight to it,as opposed to spending 10 minutes trying to find it.;)

10. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

You're lucky you've got a van, I have to go to jobs on my bike.

11. plumberboy

What's your job? A paper round..:p

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

this is a look in my van, its a few years old now but it will give you an idea,

FatHands and plumberboy like this.
  13. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Aye when I were a lad I used to have the plumbers iron bag under the crossbar of me bike, soldering bag on the carrier and a couple of lengths of gas barrel tied to the crossbar too, used to ride bow legged!
    Heading down a steep hill to Wandsworth road, was when I discovered just how puny cycle brakes are!
    Ah happy days:eek::eek::eek:

plumberboy likes this.
  14. plumberboy

Very nice and tidy Tom,you keep your steps in the same place as mine.;)

15. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

agreed. some cases are almost impossible to get closed properly once unpacked from how the factory assembled them. i bought a great Hitachi circular saw but both the clips snapped off within a week of having it. i put a 5 x 70 screw in it although that is wearing out a bit now.

16. plumberboy

It's them big hands of yours Fats,your just too heavy handed.:p

FatHands likes this.
  17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

PB I think we may be related, same business cards,same placed ladders,both can't spel proper, both plumbers and my dad had a bike, o_O

FatHands likes this.
  18. plumberboy

Ha Ha!! Here's my van and ladder Tom. 20141030_132428.jpg 20141030_132428.jpg

FatHands likes this.
  19. FatHands

PB - full of Toolstation bags i see!

Tom - Is that a VW Caddy you have?

plumberboy likes this.
  20. FatHands

:D :p

plumberboy likes this.