prehung internal doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by dean82, Jan 12, 2016.

1. dean82

dean82 New Member

hi,

does anyone know where to get pre-hung internal doors? ideally want to buy the door already hung in a frame with pre cut architraves.

Nothing fancy or expensive required.

2. oldetone

oldetone Member

I'll be interested in the responses.

I have fitted many pre-hung internal doors in both France and Spain as these are the norm in these countries. All the door furniture is pre-fitted. They are made very accurately by machines and come finished in high gloss varnish or several paint types all sprayed on all edges. The hinges - usually 3 - are the lift-off type so the doors can be stored safely away from damage. All we have to do re-hang the doors when the decorators have finished. As the frames, doors, hinges, latches etc. are manufactured together all the doors are interchangeable - just lift off and on again as required. Makes life so much easier and productive. Unfortunately they are taller than our standard internal measurements otherwise I would have fitted them in my place.

3. LJ1379

LJ1379 New Member

I know XL Joinery now produce pre-hung internal doors, but only some of their suppliers stock these