Problem with Dewalt 745 table saw after accident

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Simon_s, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Simon_s

Simon_s New Member

Hi.
    Yesterday i had a slight accident with my tablesaw.
    The vacumhose came to far in the dust output and the blade caught the hose and twisted it around itself for one and a half turn.

The saw jammed ofcaurse and shut it self down, i had to cut the hose off the blade to get it free again.

i didnt see any damage to the saw, and when i started it up again it ran fine and i cant see any vibations or offset in the blade as its spinns.

But when i tried to cut some wood the if felt much weaker, like it didnt have as much torque left.
    And it felt like it wobbled some, the fence/guard behind the blade shaked a bit.

Not sure where to go from here but.
    Later i found this part laying on the floor in the garage, not sure if it belongs to the table saw or my son who has played around with it as i cant find it in any spare parts documents.
    20161120_150816.jpg

Please help me with what i can do to get it back to order again.
    And if the language is litte off its because im from sweden =)
    Thx!
    Simon

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Simon_s

Simon_s New Member

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Stressed the motor, I expect.

5. Simon_s

Simon_s New Member

Stressed like damaged forever?

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

May be worth checking the carbon bushes.

7. Simon_s

Simon_s New Member

Its has accually recovered from the weakness and feels like it has gotten the power back!

But still feels like its something wrong, the back fence wobbles some, not sure how to explain it but unbalanced but not in the blade.