Problematic rubi dw 200

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by 2dowhat, Mar 25, 2014.

1. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

Now then, I'm in a bit of a pickle as I've acquired what may turn out to be a pig in a poke - maybe!

Tried it out on a 300 x 200 mm clay tile,set it up to cut the tile along it's length. The resulting cut was slightly diagonal, 10mm out along it's length (1 cut was 145mm and the other was 155mm 'ish). Spoke to Rubi and the lady on the end of the phone assured me a new blade is all that's required. They're not particularly expensive but I've left it till last minute and I've a job next week fitting 800 x 800 porcelain and I don't think the client will be too chuffed with the amount of runout I can imagine there being with a tile of this size.

Has anyone experienced this or have any opinion to offer?

Thanks in advance.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's only Tuesday.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If the tile is set up against a square edge, I fail to see how the blade can cause it to run out by 10mm, I would be looking at the nylon runners on the slider bar, if these have play in them or are worn then I can see it moving about causing the run out.

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that's an eBay bargain

5. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

Trust me, the tile was square against the back stop. I made three cuts and they were all the same. I had asked rubi if it was an alignment problem and she was adamant the in accuracy was caused by the blade being worn, it doesn't look that bad to me.