Problems with Dulux Endurance.

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Gazzer, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Gazzer

Gazzer New Member

I've just painted a wall with Dulux Endurance and after a fortnight its still tacky. Ive painted two coats, with two days between coats and its on Fresco Wallpaper. Any pictures or stuff we put on shelves sticks to the wall! Has anybody else had this issue and if so what did you do to solve it. Many thanks

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Appears to be a few paint drying problems around at present. Was the first coat fully cured before applying the second coat.

3. Gazzer

Gazzer New Member

Thanks for replying, Yes it appeared to be. Dulux say you can recoat in two hours, we left it two days!

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Recently had a problem using Crown white gloss (oil base) 7 days later still tacky so took it all off with a rag soaked in white spirit all came off really well and repainted it with a new tin. Dulux Endurance is water based so will come off if its still tacky if you wipe it over with methalated spirit.

5. Gazzer

Gazzer New Member

If it comes to that I think I'll have to strip the wall and re paper. That'll be a nightmare!

6. 2shortplanks

2shortplanks Active Member

High humidity can stop paint drying properly, and filler from setting. I filled some windows with 2 part filler, and it wasn't setting even overnight. Eventually sussed out the room was too humid, put the windows outside problem solved.

Gazzer likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

May be an idea to contact the Dulux technical dept to see what they say, google 'Dulux' for a contact number or might be printed on the container.

Gazzer likes this.
  8. Gazzer

Gazzer New Member

This could be the problem, Other paint I used in the room has been ok though. Must be something they add to Endurance.
    I'll do that. I think there is a number on their web site.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Was wallpaper thourghly dry before painting.

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Ordinary matt is the best, mixed with slug spit

Gazzer likes this.
  11. Gazzer

Gazzer New Member

Yes wallpaper had been up for a while before painting.