PROGRAMMER WITH CONSTANT ON / OFF FUNCTION

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by amateur chippy, Sep 20, 2017.

1. amateur chippy

amateur chippy New Member

PROGRAMMER WITH CONSTANT ON / OFF FUNCTION
    Is there a programmer on the market that has a simple constant on/off function that I can buy. For years we have the boiler on all day to give us hot water when we need it and not just certain times of the day, also we have central heating switch on 24 hours and keep the thermometer turned down and turn it up when heat is required. At the moment we have a Altech programmer installed by a heating engineer and it is driving me bloody mad, although we follow the instructions it will not let us even set the clock. so good people is there a basic programmer out there that will allow me to have hot water 24 hours and heating when required without being told we can only have it when the programmer decides Help Please

2. What make/model of boiler, and what type of system do you have (Does 'Y' or 'S' plan mean anything? Do you have a 3-port valve?)

Would something like the Honeywell ST9400C do?

(You can get them really cheap if you look hard enough...)

3. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

I fit the Honeywell one mentioned above as standard. Really easy to use.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

For simplicity a Drayton sm2. Very basic. More analogue than digital.

5. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Most programmers will allow you to do that . However we need to know a bit more about your system. 2 port or 3 port valves , boiler overrun. Ect