Push fit

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Graeme Richardson, Sep 19, 2015.

?

Can you use push fit connections on rubber IE washing machine hoses and garden hoses 15mm ;)

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Graeme Richardson

Graeme Richardson New Member

Can you use push fit connections on rubber IE washing machine hoses and garden hoses 15mm ;)

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Hozelok

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

No u can't

4. You could use them but it would probably create a great indoor water feature. Push fit pipe is probably cheaper per meter than hosepipe anyway.

5. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I'm not a plumber,but have worked with 15mm copper & have only used soldered or compression fittings. Are push fit any good? :confused:

6. Push fit is great when installed correctly with the right inserts, it need to be put together properly, supported correctly, never mix brands as in John guest speed fit and hep h20. Most of the leaks occur from idiot installers rather than the product being faulty. Don't solder a copper joint too close to it and all will be good.

KIAB likes this.
  7. malkie129

Thanks Pete. I don't intend doing much pipe work nowadays, but I'll shy away from them. Showing my age now, but anyone remember a Kingley tool? I've still got one...Maybe I'll donate it to a museum. :D

8. Graeme Richardson

All I want to do is add a tee piece in place of that of that clamp and valve as it's pathetic and the worse purchase ever!! Can I do this with a plastic tee piece

Attached Files:

9. Graeme Richardson

Amended to previous post

Attached Files:

10. Don't do it, the tees are not designed to work with those hoses :(, buy a new hose, move the valve up and then tee into a new bit of copper or speed fit / h20

11. And what's a "Kingsley tool" I'm intrigued!

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sadly yes,:( got one stashed away.

This.

[​IMG]

13. What does it do?

14. malkie129

It works on an eccentric cam. You push it into the end of the pipe & then, using the tommy bar, rotate clockwise. This forces the ball to stand proud of the tool & as you turn it forms a raised collar which is instead of an olive. Rotate the tool anti clockwise & withdraw it. It would only work on the old imperial copper tube, which was thicker wall.

15. That's very cool. Like the idea of not dropping olives between cracks In floorboards.

16. Graeme Richardson

Well the advise I received on here wasn't exactly what I needed. Guess you can't beat just doing some reading and some looking at your local plumbers for some ideas.

17. Graham I'm sorry but a few of us did vote no, and a couple of us said you can't use speed fit on flexi pipe / hosepipe. I appreciate that the conversation went off topic but I'm not sure how anyone could of made it any clearer!

Good luck

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It looks like you've tried to fit a self cutting tap onto a washing machine hose, I'm amazed that you aren't flooded.

19. Graeme Richardson

Well first of all my name is Graeme not Graham.

It could of been clearer hence the reason I went else where for advise...

Never mind my problem has been resolved and using forums hasn't been what I expected.

20. Graeme Richardson

The product I bought said any kind of pipe work will do....guess there's a lesson to be learned....don't believe everything the product says!