Putin's clearly

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jul 30, 2014.

1. suffering. I mean he looks so tense and unsmiley in all his recent photos.

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I think he's played his hand a few years to soon - given another few years he could have got the entire world addicted to his cheap, readily available energy - we'd have been completely powerless to prevent him doing anything by then, quite literally

3. We'd be heading up to Ork to bring back bucketloads of energy... :(

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

there's plenty of surplus, just get the interconnect upgraded and it''s all your's

5. Ain't gonna happen any time soon... So feel free to blow yer bulbs, man. :p

Utter Hebrides likely not connected until 2017. If then.

But, wee community wind farm chust been given the go-ahead :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

nice one, we all love our heated cow sheds, there's no real rush ;) - I was being a bit cagey previously reference the actual island here (beginning with R) as there's a few vocal anti's would would welcome the opportunity to put an early spanner in the works

7. Yes, some local opposition in He-Brides too, which is perfectly understandable.

But I understand the biggest challenge was from large multi-nationals who wanted the 'farms to themselves - and were trying to buy off the locals with promises of - ooooh - a couple of hundred £k pa. Oh the dizzying sums... :rolleyes:

8. Thrudgle

Thrudgle Member

Boyfriend problems, probably.

9. Thrudgle, it's been nice knowing you... :(

10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I though that was fairly common knowledge, him batting for the other side, not that it makes any difference - he's still a _____ __ ____

11. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I'm not a political animal & don't know the rights & wrongs of the disputed territory of Gaza, but while the "Septics" are calling for sanctions from Europe against Russia, which will harm us without affecting the USA too much, they are still quite happy to be supplying arms to Israel who have killed over 700 civilians, including children.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Malkie, I'd like to know who's supplying Hamas with these rockets they keep letting off, like it was November the 5th (and just exactly how do they get them into Gaza ?? )....... But back to the original topic... I reckon Putin allus looks a bit glum in his photo's.

13. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it's nearer 1400 Malkie - last week when there had been about 500 deaths, along with a couple due to the Hamas fireworks - more folks were being killed in car accidents in Israel than by the fireworks

14. malkie129

I know Sean. Hamas rockets may be a nuisance, but they are not taking out schools & hospitals. I think the Israelis have gone over the top in this one.

15. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

the US like having a few wars on the go, it's a good proving ground for the new weapon systems

16. malkie129

Unfortunately Sean, that is very true. :(

17. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It also makes rich people richer, does a good war.:eek:

18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hardly fireworks Sean.. Some (the Grad) have a range of about 40km...(and are indiscriminate in what targets they hit)

Malkie, Hamas are known to store weapons in schools and hospitals. Therefore Hamas are the ones making such establishments a target in the first place (not that I condone the targeting of schools or hospitals) As far as I can see, Hamas aren't interested in any ceasefire agreement, (and don't seem too bothered about using civilians as a human shield either)

19. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that's a very blinkered, short-sighted view

I'll bet if 40 odd years ago your property was invaded and stolen by your neighbours, and you and your family were forced to live in just one tiny room, with the risk of your kids being killed while at school, you'd be launching whatever you could back across the fence

20. malkie129

Maybe JJ, but I doubt they launch them from UN controlled schools or hospitals. I believe that the Israelis have gone OTT and the Yanks don't care because there is so much Jewish money in the USA.