Pvc guttering overlap on joint?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mooncheese, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mooncheese

Mooncheese New Member

Hi guys. Iv been down screwfix and bought myself a union square joint connection for the front of the house guttering which was leaking from the old union joint connection.
    I got the ladder and got up to the gutter (got a gob and face full of water removing the old sagging joint)
    And proceeded to put the new union joint in place of the old and screw it securely and level to the facia.
    Now... The only question I have is... The guttering joint overlaps by about an inch. I can't move it etc as it looks like it was installed this way
    (gonna replace the whole lot in summer so no major issues as such)
    Does it matter that the joint overlaps? The new union joint squished on and clipped in pretty damn tightly... Will this hold for the time being?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Could you not pop up with a bucket of water and try it, just pour the water into the gutter a metre or so back away from the joint, if it doesn't leak, jobs a goodun.

Mooncheese likes this.
  3. Mooncheese

Mooncheese New Member

After getting a gob full of moss and water I'm done with it haha.
    Tried the seal and it's holding ok Phil so guess that's that.

4. Mooncheese

Mooncheese New Member

Done and it held so job is a goodun

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Shoulda checked the joints at either end of those lengths of gutter. I'll bet they're barely in.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Mooncheese

Mooncheese New Member

Hmm good shout...
    Im redoing the whole lot when summer comes (or at least nicer weather) so hopefully it'll do the job until then