Quadrant shower enclosure

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Rob290482, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Rob290482

Rob290482 Member

i have my quadrant showe enclosure ready to be fixed on the wall, but wanted to know if i fix it to the wall, and then tile inside and around it, or do i need to drill holes in the tiles and fix the enclosure through the tiles?

another question is do i tile behind the shower tray, or does the tray go against the wall and i tile above it?

finally, how do i secure the shower tray in place? or will it stay in place when the enclosure is on it? at the momemt the tray is in place, but it slides about a bit on the tiles (but there isnt an enclosure to weight it down)

sorry for all the questions, but i shouldnt really have started such a difficult job without researching first.

thanks

rob

2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Fit the tray, tile the walls , fit the enclosure.

Waht sort of tray is it? resinstone on floor or plinth, or an acrylic one on legs as that will determine how its fixed.

Jason

3. Rob290482

Rob290482 Member

is an acrylic tray on legs (i think there are 4 legs in total) i have adjusted them so that the shower is flat, along both edges.

So do i fit the tray (adhesive or something, then tile the whole wall (starting from the top of the tray, not behind it), then put the enclosure on the tray and secure to the wall through the tiles?

thanks

4. M.I.G.

M.I.G. New Member

try asking in the plumbers forum.

5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

I would use plenty of good quality (dow) silicon to stick the tray to the two walls and also drill and screw the feet to the floor if possible.

Then tile the wall so that the tiles sit onto the flat top of the tray.

Fit the enclosure buy drilling the tiles and finally silicon the tray, internal corner where walls meet and the enclosure as per manufacturers instructions.

Just out of interest what are the walls made of and have they been tanked?

Jason

6. Rob290482

Rob290482 Member

there is no way to drill and screw down the legs as i would need to get under the tray to screw it down. i could only think of using floor tile adhesive or something similar and putting it on the floor and then pressing the tray in place, hopefully keeping it in place.

i used aquapanel and shower room wall tile adhesive and grout to fix the wall tiles. i havnt used any tanking system, but assumed the aquapanel would stop any water getting through.

there will be an extractor fan above the shower, so it shouldnt stay 'misty' for long.

its just tryng to find a way to secure the tray in place - thats the problem.

the only oyther thing i can thing of is put battens on the floor where the tray legs go to stop them sliding lef and right, and on other leg to stop it sliding up and down. apart from that i have no idea at all.

wanted to get the tiling started tomorrow too.

when i tile the shower, do i put the tiles directly on theedge ofthe tray, sitting flat on the tray, or use a piece of tile edging between the tiles and the tray?

thanks again for all the help and sorry bout all the questions.

7. jessye lee

jessye lee New Member

hi Rob if your problems has been not resolved then simply visit to the website and called to him they will be resolved your problems about Quadrant Shower Enclosures

8. Doall

Doall Active Member

When putting the tray in use silicon on the side and push it to the wall. That is what I do. Once you've done that and cleaned excess off seal tray again and clean. Tile then seal again
    Does that make sense rob
    Regards david

9. Hmm. 11 years later.

If its not been sorted by now I'd suggest starting again