Quick advice please for a family just wanting a hot shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by boney695, Feb 23, 2017.

1. boney695

boney695 Member

Hi
    I had a shower installed, concealed, and it never worked properly. Just managed with luke warm / cold showers or a bath.

The manufacturer very kindly sent me a new thermostatic cartridge free of charge....

Please can someone advise me how to get to it? I am through to the last bit and can see it but I cannot get the brass thing off. My largest spanner is not big enough, stillsons wont fit. A spanner would actually struggle to get in the gap to take grip.

Please see pictures below / attached.

Any advice would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Attached Files:

2. Chris-J

Chris-J New Member

3. Chris-J

Chris-J New Member

4. Chris-J

Chris-J New Member

Don't know why that posted twice!

5. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

Measure across flats dimension of large brass nut. Get correct sized box spanner (or deep socket if you've a suitable handle) and remove. I don't think anything else is going to go between the chrome surround and the flats on the nut.

koolpc likes this.
  6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Can u remove the large outer cover that is around the cartridge? Does it unscrew thus giving you more room?

What make is it?

Youtube has many videos on the process. Maybe your 'make' one is on there.

7. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I'd be amazed if that big round shiny chrome ring doesn't unscrew to give you more room!

Regards,
    Cando