Radco thermostatic mixer shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gogs, Mar 22, 2008.

1. robert pridham

robert pridham New Member

Hi Colin yes sorry that I havnt replied but been really busy with family ties down south. Yes really delighted as problem solved at least at present. Taking the two white valves out if the housings and thoroughly cleaning seems to have worked. Took time to reassemble ensuring all fittings were tight. I replaced both tap connectors too. Certainly no drips. Ciliconed around unit to make solid to wall. If problem surfaces again I will purchase new. Hope you have resolved your problem . Robert

2. Nicola123

Nicola123 New Member

Hi, hoping to get some help with this shower
    Bought one in 2008 but have only just fitted it due to moving house etc, however, we are unable to use it as the thermostatic mixer does not mix, the hot water only comes through when the mixer is positioned at it's absolute hottest and then the heat is unbearable, but until it is in that position it is completely cold. This is the case with the head, handheld and body.
    Currently unable to use it and am struggling to find answers as I bought it so long ago!
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is it a boiler issue or something to do with the shower?
    Thank you
    TIM

3. P Andrews

P Andrews New Member

I hope I am allowed to add to this or a new one, anyway whilst on this topic:

I have the Radco OCEAN shower, like the other user here, never used until now.

The connecter at the top where you connect the shower head - the connector is the one that is secured by two screws on its side. This connector is made of plastic and has a slight crack resulting in water leak!

I am not sure if there is a generic replacement shower head part - not sure if Radco is monitoring this forum, where do I get a replacement?

It's a shame as the shower unit is still brand new although its been years stored away.

Thanks