radiator bleed valve stuck

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sbatjaa, Oct 22, 2014.

1. sbatjaa

sbatjaa New Member

Hi,
    Trying to get my bedroom rad to function. All the other rads in the house are working fine, for some we had to use the bleed valve key. The one in our bedroom seems to have either or smaller bleed valve or it it just stuck as it won't rotate. I tried with everything and it wouldnt move. Thinking it might be rust. My question is how can I make the rad bleed when none of the key valve I Bought from wicked screwfix seem to be slightly larger then the rad bleed pin. Its so cold in the room and we desperately trying to make the rad work.
    Would appreciate your help.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Is the bleed valve the removable type IE on a half inch plug if it it these can be replaced if not then its a struggle and usually results in a new radiator as no doubt its been rounded off if it won't fit the key.

3. sbatjaa

sbatjaa New Member

Thanks for coming back to me. how do i replace it if it's fully rounded? I think it's fully rounded as it won't fit any key. all the keys i tried just spins around the pin. I've attached a photo and if you can advise what do i need to replace it without replacing the whole rad that would be great.

Attached Files:

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

5. HOWD PLUM

HOWD PLUM New Member

this part can be removed you will need rad spanner available from screw fix plus a1/2"vent &plug also from screw fix or any plumbing merchants if go to screw fix web sight enter rad spanner you can see one

6. sbatjaa

sbatjaa New Member

thanks all. will try that tomorrow