Radiator side panel clips

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Disco Dave, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Disco Dave

Disco Dave Member

Anyone got any idea where I can get some of these?  Broke some when taking off the side panel on a radiator and I need ones that aren't broken to fit it back on.  Cheers[​IMG]

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

IF you pop into your local plumbers merchant and can tell them the radiator manufacturer they should be able to assist you, take the clips with you as a lot of them will be able to identify the rad from the clips.

Dave

3. Disco Dave

Disco Dave Member

Great, thanks

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

As Dave says to ID them, if the shop cannot help a "pretty please" phone call to the makers offering to buy some will often result in some freebies popped in the post;)

5. andrewfarm

andrewfarm New Member

Hi,
    I have the same problem, same clips no identification, two plumbers merchants don't recognise them, so did you manage to get any and if so where please?
    Thank you

6. dynomite

dynomite Member

Could be wrong but look like stelrad clips?

7. andrewfarm

andrewfarm New Member

Thank you. I have found out they are Myson and Myson no longer supply them and have not got details of the company that made them for them, not a great situation I am sure a plastic company could remanufacture them but probably in fairly large runs, so I'll just have to glue back together the ones I've got

8. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Or change your radiator ;)

9. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium New Member

Same problem. Unknown manufacturer. Old clips broke easily, no-one able to replace & nothing on an internet search.

Bit of lateral thinking required. Anyone got a 3D printer? No. OK. Think again.

Rad. made of metal, panels made of metal. Will my spare rare earth magnets (10mm x 4mm) work? Yes. Much stronger than the wardrobe door catch that I tried.

Job done & of course the covers are now easily removed to clean.

Attached Files:

Scotty12 and Jill Macdonald like this.