Raising double socket options

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by DJU, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I recently wired a few downlighters using the 2 way 224 series Wago connectors (push clamp). Some downlighters don't have enough room to loop in and out. So using the Wagos with the Wago box made things easier. The box incorporates cable restraints and can be mounted on joists using a 'mounting button'.

2. I use the Wago boxes all the time as JG says. A couple of years ago I was called back by a customer who could smell burning when the shop lights were on. Maybe five years previously I'd made a ceiling mounted trellis to hang spots from and used an accessible screwed jb. The neutral had become loose causing arcing and the insulation was black and brittle for a good couple of inches. So it does happen. Inaccessible screwed jb's are not permissable for a reason.

FatHands likes this.
  3. iandaviot

iandaviot Member

4. DJU

DJU Member

The CU is split left and right with an RCD on each side protecting that side of breakers.

5. DJU

DJU Member

Once i have lifted the floorboards, I may look at crimping but ensuring I get some decent ones that do the job. Wago seem jolly expensive though :-(. Will put a heat shrink sleeve over the top as well)

6. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

What heat will you use to shrink the heat shrink sleeving? :)

7. DJU

DJU Member

Will need to research that as I would think a paint stripper or match will be too hot ;) and a hairdryer may not be hot enough.. Suggestions?

8. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

If this job goes on any longer it will be time for a rewire anyway.

seneca likes this.