Rant Time

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Joe95, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Been on a call out this morning to a property block in Mayfair where the door locks were not engaging, the CCTV was down and the car park gates wouldn't open.
    Get there, spend 10 or so minutes trying to work out whats going on, open the control cupboard, and find some numpty had unplugged the extension where everything was connected, an plugged in their phone.
    Turns out the firm have just taken on a new doorman:rolleyes:

Needless to say, I'm still being refused two unswitched spurs. What is it with large firms...the cost of me coming in to plug something back in at half 6 is preferable to one spark in to add two spurs:mad::mad:

ramseyman likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Change extension socket to fcu's, that will stop them unplugging it.:)
    Or add a extra socket for phone charging.:eek:

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Very temped.
    There is currently a double socket on a radial in the cupboard, but the DB has got a padlock on it...
    So it's do it live or not at all, they refused me the key to mess with the power.

There's two doubles on the reception desk...Management banned having phones out.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Crazy.

Cheaper option changing to fcu, than calling you out all the time.

5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Yep, which is what I can't get my head around.
    Most of the firms that have this happen get a spark in after the third call out, but for these guys it'll be at least the 20th time across four propertieso_O

Well, if you ever fancied a 2 million pound 1 bed flat, remember to have your own spark!

6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

One of the times the gates wouldn't open on one of their other proprieties when I was on holiday, they waited three days where nobody could get their car out. I get their and find the gate controller had been unplugged...

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Tell the company you work for, to put call out charges up and pay you a bit extra as well. Quids in all round ;);)

Joe95 likes this.
  8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

It happened again today. I said I'll talk the doorman through it and charge standard call out. So, the management have agreed to have two fused spurs added from the socket next week. 5 minute phone call got rather expensive for them:rolleyes:, so thanks John for the advice:D
    Only took three ******* years!

CGN likes this.