Rated people

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by neibick76, Feb 26, 2017.

1. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Seeing if any body is on the aite rated people. How are you finding it and it it worth it. Seen the fed and its eith £15 a month or the better deal of £150 a year that has added features.

2. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

3. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

nelbeck76, I'm not sure if you;re talking in Welsh or summat? Couldn't understood a word of dat post?

4. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Sorry bloody phone

Seeing if anybody is on the site rated people. How are you finding it and is it worth it ?
    Seen the feedback and its not to good
    It's either £15 a month or the better deal of £150 a year that has added features.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Not enough "L" in it for Welsh :)

palavaman likes this.
  6. Dougie-r

Dougie-r New Member

Be very wary of these money grabbers..I have recently spent £200 and have had zero work. People are allowed to post vague job specs and many people just play tradesman against each other. They seem to be unvetted by Rated People with not enough detail to make a judgement.. The leads have also become stupidly expensive and be very aware that the 1st to Buy status may NOT be true. This happened to me lately and after several emails they have refused to refund my money although THEY were aware that I was 2nd to buy...I WASN'T ..I consider this to be mis-sold but they are completely robotically unsympathetic CHEATS and I will never use them again.

7. Paul Otter

Paul Otter Active Member

Been with them for around a year and had just two jobs from them, I was going to leave 6 months ago as they charge about twice the amount of MyBuilder + the £15.00 + VAT a month, I wrote direct to the CEO as the phone reps are not helpful.

A manager rang back and gave me £50.00 of free lead money to spend which I have not totally spent, I have had a job trying to cancel as they ask you to phone (data protection, they claim), you can not cancel via email, I think they want you to phone so they can try and sign you up for a different payment plan, have cancelled payment with my bank - MyBuilder works really well for me though, no joining fee and cheaper leads.

8. Different things and different needs for different people.

But personally I refuse point blank to buy work. By that I mean paying to put a quote in.

I would rather spend the money on different advertising, but it's easy to say, not so easy to do.

But yell has worked for me for next to no money. Advertising booklets delivered to houses work sometimes.

Yes, it still costs, but I refuse to line the pockets of business's actively setting traders agaianst each other for big profits.

Sparkielev and wiggy like this.
  9. Paul Otter

Paul Otter Active Member

Good points, I find that you only pay for the advertising when you need it with Mybuilder though, in the past I have spent on local magazines etc only to have loads of work come in just as they are publishe and then end up turning work away.

10. Adselec

Adselec New Member

I'm an electrician I've been on rated people for 3 months had a couple of jobs if it . But recently I've bid on a few jobs with no joy of contacting the customer and rated people have declined my lead refunds as they say I've reached my limit .when I signed up I thought you could claim a refund if you didn't get through to quote , I also don't think that they vet the tradesmen properly as I've been and quoted for a small job ( changing a light ) and they said they had a quote of someone for £15 the job lead cost £6.62 plus vat so I didn't do that job .
    Another job (Rewire ) went and quoted I got the job but she said she had 5 electricians call to give quotes I thought only 3 people could buy the leads .