Rated People

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Paul Otter, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Paul Otter

Paul Otter Active Member

I tried to cancel my Rated People account in writing via email, they replied saying I had to ring them (To try and keep me on and spend more money I would have thought), so I sent another mail saying that I would not call and please cancel, they said no call us.

So I cancelled payment with my bank, Rated People have now txt me to say that if I do not pay they will close my account!!

For me this says it all about RP! You couldn't make it up.

2. I did that with TalkTalk - after the year's contract with my son's SIM card had passed, I phoned up to cancel as he'd sold the phone and didn't want a replacement.

I was on the phone for over 45 minutes before I gave up (mobile contracts aren't dealt with by 'chat' or email - only phone). Tried again the next day and ditto for over a half-hour. When the same thing threatened to repeat itself the next day, I put the phone down (listening on speaker to their hellish music on a short loop - it didn't even complete the songs before going back to the start...) after another goodly half-hour or so.

So I cancelled the DD.

Hmm, they then simply kept the contract going - adding a further £20 for a missed payment...

They did finally sort it - and wipe all the bills - when I finally got through and explained why I felt forced to act the way I did, but the point is - they were technically in the 'right', and ultimately you could end up in the stew if they wanted - they could even blacken your credit rating.

TalkTalk will usually do the right thing and have always ultimately listened (they want to keep your business...), but someone like Rated People - who know you are not coming back - could stitch you up totally if they felt inclined.

So take care :)

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I usually claim to be hard of hearing. Works every time.

4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Isn't that what you want for them to close account, rated people, check a trade and the like are pond life

5. What?