RB UK U-BRACKETS

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by lorna, Apr 9, 2017.

1. lorna

lorna New Member

Hi everyone would like to thank everyone in advance who can give me advice on this matter.

Now I have just purchased some twin wall shelving and some RB UK U-BRACKETS 370 X 13MM. Now on these shelves I will be putting some hifi separates on, but I want to make the fasten the shelving to the bracket and this is where I don't know what is best to use.

The wood itself is 1 inch thick, so do I just use long bolts, washers and nuts, or do I use something completely different, any help would be appreciated.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Double sided sticky pads. Heavy duty double sided tape.

3. lorna

lorna New Member

Sorry I don't want to stick the hifi separates to the shelves I want to make the shelving more stable on the brackets.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Why do you not want to fasten the shelving to the brackets, surely the brackets have screw holes on the underside!

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I have installed a lot of these brackets and they do have 2 holes underneath each bracket for a screw to secure the shelf to.

6. lorna

lorna New Member

Yes they do but would using a bolt be better than using long screws? this is what I'm worried about I would rather have it locked to the wood somehow than using a screw.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

A suitable length screw is fine, that's how they are fixed in place, fitted my first ones way back in 1976, never had any problems.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

A screw is fine but you will need 2 different lengths.

9. lorna

lorna New Member

ok thank you I will just use screws.

So 35mm for 1st hole and 45mm for 2nd hole on these brackets should be fine? and should I use countersunk screws.

chippie244 likes this.
  10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That seems about right.

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Chippie is correct you will require 2 different length screws for each bracket:rolleyes:

12. lorna

lorna New Member

Thank you very much for your help guys.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're welcome :)

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You're very welcome:);):D