re-pointing costs

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by no-dollars, Jan 15, 2016.

1. no-dollars

no-dollars New Member

the front of my house needs re-pointing and was just wondering about rough costs per square meter, newcastle upon tyne area, 1950s brick built

2. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

£20--£30 per metre-ish

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Probably best to wait until it warms up a little.

The house will most likely needing scaffolding, is there any other jobs that need work doing that need the use of scaffolding while it is up, to get the most benefit.

FatHands likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And dryer.

Gutter cleaning, painting.

5. no-dollars

no-dollars New Member

cheers guys, i will wait til its a bit better weather. i dont think anything else needs doing but if the builder notices anything else while he is here than i may as well get them done as well.
    Did that price of 20 or 30 include scaffolding?

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You must be joking!!!!! free sand and cement though! :cool:;)

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

May be able to re point using a portable tower, then trestle and boarded, depending on the size of the house.

Work out which is the cheaper option.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Better to work out which is the safest!:rolleyes:

9. e30mark

e30mark Member

Had our house done this time last year, from memory about £1850 inc £400 for scaffolding. Had other quotes for over £3.5k. The guy who did the work only does brick restoration / re-pointing, he was / is OCD about pointing!

If your near Bournemouth / Poole, I can highly recommend him, Jason 07795 423659

pointing.jpg

Attached Files:

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good neat pointing.:)

A lot easier working from proper scaffolding than a tower, especially if you have to dismantle tower to move to new position.

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I wouldn't mind doing pointing as a career, more interested in old buildings and lime mortar. I have a good attention span.

KIAB likes this.