Ready for the rewire - last QA please

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by John Berman, Sep 22, 2014.

1. John Berman

John Berman New Member

Glow worm Micron FF50 Boiler

I previously posted question and now have all the parts etc so have described what I'm going to do (more for a sanity check)

and will be wiring to my

HVAC Wiring Centre, Honeywell 42005748-001 - http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hvac-wiring-centres/2001342/

and a couple of questions about links at the end

Honeywell Cyl Stat - C,1,2 to Wiring centre C,1,2
    Honeywell Thermostat - E, 1,2,3,4 - to wiring centre - E1,2,3 (no 4 in the centre) to just use the 3

Mid Pos Valvel - Grey, Blue, Orange, White to the same on the wiring centre (wiring center has a brown but Valve does not)

Boiler just has E, N, L wires (as in the 3 of them) so in wiring center assume I just use L N and E

Live feed is obvious

Now we have the programmer which seems straight forward

L, N, HW On, Hw Off, CH On - to its counterparts in the wiring centre

So whats left ahh, which links to cut and here I get confused

I think I use the Y plan (mid posn valves) so cut links L4 and L5

and I have read the boiler manual and it does not talk of pump overun anywhere so I guess I ignore that bit

thanks in advance

john B

2. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

Honeywell Cyl Stat - C,1,2 to Wiring centre C,1,2
    Correct

Honeywell Thermostat - E, 1,2,3,4 - to wiring centre - E1,2,3 (no 4 in the centre) to just use the 3
    Correct; Terminal 4 is used for cooling applications

Mid Pos Valvel - Grey, Blue, Orange, White to the same on the wiring centre (wiring center has a brown but Valve does not)
    Are you connecting to the correct terminal block?
    The mid-pos valve connects to the 6-terminal block on the right, below the pump block.
    The white terminal is the bottom one.

Boiler just has E, N, L wires (as in the 3 of them) so in wiring center assume I just use L N and E
    Correct

Live feed is obvious
    So it is

L, N, HW On, Hw Off, CH On - to its counterparts in the wiring centre
    And so is this
    I think I use the Y plan (mid posn valves) so cut links L4 and L5
    Correct
    and I have read the boiler manual and it does not talk of pump overun anywhere so I guess I ignore that bit
    Correct

john B[/QUOTE]

3. John Berman

John Berman New Member

Thanks for the response so my research has paid off (nearly)
    as for the query
    Mid Pos Vvalve- from the valve there is Grey, White, Orange, Blue and Earth (its a 5 core cable) there is no brown
    so they go to the corresponding place in the wiring terminal on the right below the pump - there just wont be a brown ?

John B

4. John Berman

John Berman New Member

Hi

finally ready, just one more question about the Mid Posn Vave connection, the wiring center can accommodate up to 6 connections, my valve only has 5 wires - there is no brown - i assume this is not an issue ?

Regards
    john Berman

5. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

Sorry I didn't reply to your last post.

The lack of a brown is not important. Just wire the five wires according to colour to the appropriate terminal in the right hand valve terminal block.

6. John Berman

John Berman New Member

so all connected but there is an issue, Hot water is fine, CH is not, when I turn up the thermostat I would expect the pump to start and the valve to move - neither of these things happen ?

Are there any checks I can do to see where the issue is ?

Regard

John Berman